Friday, March 13, 2009

Well

*Rhythmical moving,
emotions are rising,
quivering to music,
trembling bodies in song.
Go unsteadily sliding,
devious gliding.
So beautifully sailing and floating on.
Life's real when angels and serpents dance.*
-When Angels and Serpents Dance, P.O.D

This blog isn't about answering the questions that are being asked so much as it is to inspire readers to think about these questions. These ideas. These thoughts.

I'm not perfect. I don't know the Bible cover to cover (yet, hopefully.). But I'm a truth seeker, searching for answers from a Christian perspective.

Rob Bell, pastor at Mars Hill Church, defines it this way:

"The word theology comes from two parts. Theos, meaning God. And logos, meanings talk or speak. Theology: God talk. Anyone can do theology."-Rob Bell, Jesus Wants to Save Christians

So, I'm definitely not perfect, and I don't have all the answers to these questions I'm posting. But I'm hoping that, by inspiring you to dive deep into the amazing world of theology and the Bible, we all can learn and grow in Christ.

Know this: As well as being a truth seeker, I'm a doubting Thomas. I'm the person who wants to put his hand on the scars before he believes, not after. My doubts are part of the inspiration to start a blog that can help people think about the same huge questions someone like Thomas would've pondered. Just because you doubt doesn't mean you don't believe. If you're worried about your doubts, you haven't lost your faith or gone astray. A dead fig tree doesn't worry about such things, because a tree worried about bearing fruit isn't dead.

Also, know another thing: I'm not building off of any theology, really. I'm a Calvinist, but I'm just reading the Bible in context and thinking about exactly what it says.

I trust CS Lewis and John Calvin the most when it comes to matters of theology, but I'm not taking anything from them. I'm trying to remove myself from all prerequisites and demands, just as Paul prayed.

God bless. Dive deep.

No comments:

Post a Comment